Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Some Garden Exploration in Detroit

Went on a garden adventure in Detroit a couple Saturdays ago with my friend Vicky.  We visited the Eliza Howell Park, first time for both of us, as part of a group, hosted by the Detroit Audubon Society. It was fun and interesting to learn how they are trying to bring this park back.  There was a great variety of people there...families, singles, couples.  Young & old.  We saw a couple different kinds of butterflies, a hummingbird moth, and lots of beautiful native plants & flowers.

While we were there we picked up some plastic to recycle. I don’t know about you, but if I see plastic laying on the ground and I can, I pick it up and take it with me to recycle.  I hate plastic, and I hate those damn plastic water bottles most of all. We gave our Mama ( Mother Earth 🌏 ), a Little Love !

Afterwards we went and visited a greenhouse nearby , Barson’s Greenhouse in Westland MI. Not only do they have some gorgeous plants and garden art, they also have a WONDERFUL Butterfly House !  Even though it was Eleventy million degrees inside, and I was drenched in sweat within seconds of entry, it was worth it !  So many beautiful butterflies and moths !!  I took some good pictures....I’m so happy we stopped, and Vicky let me take as many photos as my heart desired !  I bought 2 Butterfly plants, planted one at home, and one at the cemetery for sweet Shawna 💗

When we had enough of the heat & humidity, we went and had some tasty Middle Eastern food at Al Sultan restaurant.  I had some of the best lemon rice soup ( with a secret ingredient !! ), and pickled cabbage that I’ve ever had !!!  However, the chicken schwarma was very dry 🙁.  Our waiter was very attentive and personable, and he kept our water glasses full !!  And the decor was definitely very charming !!

All in all, it was a fun day as always, with Vicky....I’m blessed that she’s such a good sport and is always up for an adventure !

“Work and Worry are Constant Weeds, so Joy requires Cultivation “

No comments:

Post a Comment